Tri Delta is excited to once again partner with the Fraternal Government Relations Coalition (FGRC) to identify outstanding campus and chapter leaders who will travel to Washington, D.C. in April 2019 to lobby on Capitol Hill on behalf of legislation that is important to the continued success of fraternities and sororities.
During these lobbying visits, students will share their experience and advocate to protect the fraternity and sorority experience as well as students’ rights to freely associate with a single-sex organization.
This is a unique opportunity that will be offered to five Tri Delta collegiate women and funded by the Fraternity and Tri Delta Foundation. Learn more below and apply for your chance to experience the nation’s capital in a new way through direct interaction in the legislative process.
Who Should Apply?
The FGRC is looking for student leaders interested in political action. Student body, Panhellenic and collegiate chapter presidents, as well as students who have previous experience in the political sphere, are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must ensure they feel comfortable advocating for the legislative issues that are priorities for the FGRC (listed above).
What’s the Timeline?
- Friday, Nov. 16 – Student applications due
- Jan./Feb. – Registration and travel bookings made for students attending
- Sunday, April 7/Monday, April 8 – Students arrive Sunday night/Monday morning.
- Monday, April 8 (afternoon) – Afternoon training beginning at 3 p.m. for student participants.
- Tuesday, April 9 – Training for student participants in the morning/join training for students and alumni in the afternoon.
- Wednesday, April 10 – Students and alumni participate in the annual lobbying day on Capitol Hill and the Fraternity and Sorority Political Action Committee dinner that evening.
- Thursday, April 11 – Students travel back to campus.
To apply, please fill out the application by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, Nov. 16.
Applicants please note: If selected for this opportunity, you will most likely miss a few days of school. Please plan accordingly and work with professors/employers to ensure you can attend.
Questions? If you have any questions about the legislative agenda, the application process, or the 2019 FGRC Capitol Hill visits, please email FGRC@apks.com.