Are you a collegiate member who’s interested in shaping the future of Tri Delta while helping your sisters grow as brave, bold and kind leaders? Tri Delta’s Leadership Development Committee (LDC) is now accepting applications for collegiate members to join the 2018-2020 Leadership Development Committee!
This is a great opportunity to bring your own unique strengths to Tri Delta as you gain leadership development experience.
What is the LDC?
Simply put, the LDC cultivates leaders to lead for a lifetime. More specifically, the committee evaluates and cultivates future leaders for service in elected and appointed positions by matching them with opportunities to contribute to Tri Delta using their unique knowledge and skills. Every two years, the LDC slates Tri Delta’s Executive Board (one Fraternity President and four directors), the National House Corporation Board of Directors, the Foundation Board of Trustees, as well as the next LDC. But the committee’s main goal is to help all Tri Delta women grow as brave, bold and kind leaders within and outside our organization.
What are the expectations?
- Participate in monthly conference calls with the entire committee
- Participate in calls with individual committee members to learn more about Tri Delta’s boards and missions
- Facilitate interview calls with the candidates (also involves preparation work)
- Attend and participate in Volunteer Leadership Conference in July 2019 at Executive Office.
What is the LDC looking for in a member?
- Initiated collegiate member in good standing with no plans to graduate before May 2020
- Open-minded with a desire to learn
- Confidentiality and willingness to contribute your own ideas to group discussions and decision making
- Ability to represent the Fraternity professionally and articulately
- Some understanding of, or interest in, leadership development or organizational governance
- Desire to help shape the future of Tri Delta
- Eager to learn competency-based leadership development experience and the opportunity to interact with Tri Delta on a broader level
To apply visit www.tridelta.org/LDCcollegian and complete your application by March 10, 2019 at midnight.
For other questions feel free to contact an LDC member at LDC@trideltaeo.org.