Stressing out? Give yourself a much needed break with these five ways to reduce stress.
1. Spend time with people who are important to you.
Just being around the ones you love will help take your mind off unnecessary stress.
2. Clear your mind.
Yoga, meditation, taking deep breathes, taking a walk outside or any type of physical activity can help reverse the body’s reaction to stress and help you manage it better.
3. Get organized.
Hone in on your time management skills and prioritize your obligations by keeping daily, weekly or monthly to-do lists. Tips to get organized:
- Take a big project and break it up into smaller tasks instead of procrastinating on the whole thing!
- It’s also important to allow yourself to say “no” to other people without feeling guilty when you have a lot on your plate.
4. Find time for a little rest and relaxation.
There are many options when it comes to a little R&R.
- Take a 15-30 minute nap as this will help relax your body and help it restore itself.
- While stress and anxiety can affect your sleep, it’s important to regulate your sleeping habits and be consistent. Try going to bed earlier and putting your phone away to avoid any distractions.
- You can also treat yourself and get a massage. This will help release muscle tension that can build up from emotional stress in the neck and back.
5. Take care of yourself.
Maximize your potential by being your best self and taking some time to do something you love whether that’s staying home for a little down time or meeting up with friends.
- Eat nutritious and delicious! It will help you feel better and keep your body and brain running on a healthier track.
- Write it down. Journaling can be a great way to relieve stress due to its reflective components. Commit to writing once a week or even to just answering one question a day.
- Ask for help and know that it is perfectly fine. Trained professionals are ready and willing to help you manage your stress or anxiety.
Tri Delta encourages our members to discuss a three dimensional approach to body image and self-esteem, through a healthy MIND, body and spirit. Your mind dictates how YOU think, by taking steps (like the five steps above), you are nurturing your mind and improving your overall self. What are other ways you reduce stress? Share them with us on social media and don’t forget to use #IAm3D!