Throughout the month of September, Tri Delta supports National Campus Safety Awareness Month (NCSAM) – an initiative to encourage public conversation on safety and harm reduction at colleges and universities. We encourage members to take brave, bold and kind actions to promote a safe and meaningful Tri Delta experience.
This week we encourage members to focus on being BRAVE! Our Founders bravely created Tri Delta as an organization that values support, personal growth, high ideals and friendship. We believe chapters have the responsibility to lead prevention efforts in their community – this takes bravery.
Being brave during NCSAM means:
- Educating yourself on the safety issues college women face
- Challenging unsafe behaviors that are part of your community’s social norms
- Implementing new strategies to improve safety in your chapter
- Making safe and healthy decisions–even when it’s unpopular
- Demonstrating self-respect, self-love and self-control
- Signing this pledge to show your commitment to campus safety and harm reduction
This year, we challenge our members (of all ages) to consider being brave, bold and kind throughout NCSAM. We encourage individuals and chapters to utilize this calendar of resources for inspiration on actions you can take throughout the month of September.
Tri Delta believes the safety and well-being of our members is everyone’s responsibility. Together we are one of a kind, and stronger than we could ever be alone. Let’s join together and make prevention and harm reduction an everyday activity – not just one month out of the year.
We want to hear from you
Has your chapter or an individual member demonstrated a commitment to harm reduction and what it means to be kind alike to all? Share your story with us for an opportunity to be recognized for your brave, bold and kind efforts.