Throughout the month of September, Tri Delta is supporting National Campus Safety Awareness Month (NCSAM) –an initiative to encourage public conversation on safety and harm reduction at colleges and universities. We encourage members to take brave, bold and kind actions to promote a safe and meaningful Tri Delta experience.
This week we encourage members to focus on being BOLD! Tri Delta is boldly leading the way and seeking to set a new standard for prevention and harm reduction in chapters across the nation. Tri Delta has provided several resources to help educate members and volunteers about campus safety concerns during NCSAM. Members of all ages can utilize this calendar of resources for inspiration on bold actions you can take throughout the month of September.
Being bold during NCSAM means:
- Holding yourself and others accountable to living in accordance of Tri Delta’s Purpose
- Intervening when high-risk situations arise
- Partnering with your campus to make prevention and harm reduction a priority
- Using your personal social media platform to raise awareness about campus safety issues
- Developing an action plan to prevent high-risk behaviors (e.g.,underage drinking, drug use, binge drinking, pre and post partying, etc.) at chapter events
- Changing chapter traditions to ensure the Tri Delta experience is safe and meaningful for everyone
Tri Delta believes the safety and well-being of our members is everyone’s responsibility. Together we are one of a kind, and stronger than we could ever be alone. Let’s join together and make prevention and harm reduction an everyday activity – not just one month out of the year.
We want to hear from you:
Has your chapter or an individual member demonstrated a commitment to harm reduction and what it means to be kind alike to all? Share your story with us for an opportunity to be recognized for your brave, bold and kind efforts.