September is National Campus Safety Awareness Month (NCSAM) – an initiative to encourage public conversation on safety and harm reduction at colleges and universities. Tri Delta was founded as an organization that values support, personal growth, high ideals and friendship. We believe chapters have the responsibility to lead prevention efforts in their community–this takes bravery, boldness and kindness.
This year, we challenge our members (of all ages) to consider being brave, bold and kind throughout NCSAM. We encourage individuals and chapters to utilize this calendar of resources for inspiration on actions you can take throughout the month of September to support campus safety. We also invite you to sign this pledge to show your personal commitment to reducing harm and in your community!
Being brave, bold and kind during NCSAM means:
- Challenging the unsafe behaviors that are part of your community’s social norms
- Holding yourself and others accountable to living in accordance with Tri Delta’s Purpose
- Intervening when high-risk situations arise
- Taking action to prevent high-risk behaviors (e.g., underage drinking, drug use, binge drinking, pre- and post-partying, etc.) at chapter events
- Changing chapter traditions to ensure the Tri Delta experience is safe and meaningful for everyone
- Not tolerating hazing – a phenomenon that goes against our values of truth, self-sacrifice and friendship
- Taking action every day with safety, kindness and harm reduction in mind
Tri Delta believes the safety and well-being of her members is everyone’s responsibility. Together we are one of a kind, and stronger than we could ever be alone. Let’s join together and make prevention and harm reduction an everyday activity – not just one month out of the year.