What is the attire for LEADDD & Convention?
- Most of the weekend is Tri Delta Casual – pants, jeans, dresses, skirts are appropriate. Bring you and what makes you feel best.
- Lots of attendees use this as a chance to pull our their blue and yellow clothes and Tri Delta gear!
- We’ll be outside on Friday night for the Zoo so plan accordingly.
- You’ll need a Ritual appropriate white or pastel outfit for Saturday morning. This can be pants, a dress or skirt & top.
- Saturday night is Cocktail Attire for the Tri Delta Celebration.
- As always, a light sweater is good for chilly hotel rooms along with comfortable walking shoes.
- There are several opportunities to be outdoors throughout the weekend, particularly during meals.
- View our Pinterest board for inspiration.
What meals are included in my registration?
- LEADDD Friday: morning coffee and lunch are included.
- Convention Friday: dinner is included at the San Diego Zoo.
- Convention Saturday: morning coffee, lunch, dinner and snacks are included. Cash bar is available during evening receptions and dinner.
- Convention Sunday: morning coffee, lunch and dinner are included. Cash bar is available during dinner and closing reception.
- The Marina Kitchen at the Marriott Marquis is open for a full, hot breakfast buffet from 6:30 – 11:00 a.m. Breakfast buffet is available for $27.
- View additional dining options at the Marriott Marquis here.
Is there an App for LEADDD & Convention?
- Yes! This year we are using the EventMobi app to help navigate the weekend’s events and sessions.
- Download EventMobi on your smartphone and login using the email you used for registration. Our event code is Convention22.
- Download EventMobi from the App Store.
- Download EventMobi from the GooglePlay Store.
What should I do if I have travel issues?
- If you are a delegate or other attendee who booked travel through our partners at TripEasy and need to contact an agent, please call 855-301-8472 .
- If your flight is cancelled and you are rebooked to arrive a day late, contact email@example.com for help with holding your hotel reservation.
How should I get from the airport to the Marriott Marquis? Is transportation covered by Tri Delta?
- We recommend a rideshare service such as Uber or Lyft to get from the San Diego Airport to the Marriott Marquis.
- While the Marriott does not provide shuttle service to and from the airport, you can book shuttle rides in advance. Learn more about options here.
- The Marriott is located at 333 Harbor Drive, San Diego, California, USA, 92101. Their phone number is +1 619-234-1500
- Transportation to and from the airport is not covered by Tri Delta.
What’s happening at the opening party at the San Diego Zoo?
- Zoo tickets will be included in your registration. Visit the Grand Foyer on Friday to pick up your nametag.
- Buses to the Zoo begin at 3:30 p.m. Our tickets allow for general admission to the Zoo beginning at 4 p.m.
- Additional buses will run beginning at 5:00 p.m. to bring attendees to the Zoo for the opening party.
- Explore the Zoo on your own and head over to the Zoofari Party area around 6:30 p.m. for a Wildlife Encounter featuring furry, scaly and feathered friends.
- Dinner, games and music will begin at 7:20 p.m. after a short welcome from Fraternity President Megan Shaw James, Millsaps, and the San Diego Alumnae Chapter.
- Buses will run between the Marriott Marquis and the Zoo until 10:30 p.m. Last bus from the Zoo departs at 10:15 p.m.
- Request a song from Dj Mandy Mixes HERE.
What is Tri Delta Central?
- Tri Delta Central is our gathering place for the weekend!
- Visit the Marriott Grand Foyer on Friday to pick up your nametag and more.
- Visit with partners and vendors including: Tri Delta’s Foundation, Tri Delta Housing, Ribbon Wall, Zen Den, Social Lounge, Ginger Hicks Smith Museum & Archives, HistoryIT, SOAR, St. Jude, Shop Tri Delta, Herff Jones, LEADDD Always, OmegaFi and CauseVid.
- Tri Delta Central is open during breaks, meals and before sessions begin each day.
What’s on the agenda?
- Check out the schedule at-a-glance HERE.
I signed up to participate in a milestone ceremony, what should I do?
- Congratulations on reaching a milestone in your Tri Delta membership! We’ll celebrate you on Saturday night.
- During the Tri Delta Celebration, honorees will be asked to join the stage for their individual ceremony – Pearl, 10 years; Silver, 25 years; and Golden, 50 years.
- Certificates for ceremony participants will be available after the Celebration from the Registration Desk.
- If you didn’t sign up but would like to join, it’s not too late! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I signed up for a tour on Sunday, what should I do?
- Old Town Trolley Tour participants should meet in the Pacific Ballroom Drive by 1:50 p.m. on Sunday to depart on their tour.
- The SEAL Tour departs from Seaport Village, a short 5 minute walk from the hotel along the embarcadero behind the hotel. SEAL Tour participants should meet in the Grand Foyer by the escalators at 1:50 p.m. to walk to Seaport Village.
What COVID protocols are in place? Do I have to be vaccinated to attend?
- Our members’ health and well-being is our priority.
- We will utilize a text system called 42Chat for daily health screenings. Please make sure your cell phone number is accurate during registration.
- There are plenty of opportunities to be outdoors during LEADDD & Convention. Meals will be served buffet style with seating options both indoors and out.
- Socially distanced seating is available during general sessions.
- Grab a green, yellow or red wristband at registration to show your Covid comfort level to attendees.
- We do not require proof of vaccination or negative Covid test to attend. However, if you feel you may have been exposed or have Covid symptoms prior to coming to San Diego, we encourage you to take a test before travelling. If you are feeling ill, please do not travel. Contact email@example.com to cancel your registration.
- If you begin to experience Covid symptoms on site, please text 817-471-1913. We will have Covid tests available and additional hotel rooms if you need to be moved into a single.
- Masks are not required.
- Read about the status of Covid in San Diego HERE.
- Read about the Marriott Marquis’s commitment HERE.
I’m serving as my chapter’s voting delegate, what do I need to do?
- Chapter presidents – collegiate and alumnae – must complete the credentials form and submit it online or by mail to Delta Delta Delta, 14951 Dallas Parkway Ste. 500, Dallas, TX 75254 by June 1.
- If you are serving as the delegate, you will list YOUR name as the official voting delegate, and sign at the bottom.
- If you are not able to attend Convention and are designating an alternate, you will list THEIR name as the official alternate delegate, and sign the bottom of the page.
- If both you AND an alternate are participating in Convention 2022, both names can be listed. Only one delegate per chapter is able to vote.
- Alumnae Chapter Credentials Form
- Collegiate Chapter Credentials Form
Who should participate in Convention, is my attendance required?
- Collegiate chapters must have a representative at Convention. This should be the chapter president or designated alternate delegate.
- We encourage alumnae chapter presidents, or approved alternate delegate, to attend and serve as the official voice of their chapter, however attendance is not required.
- ALL members are invited to attend LEADD & Convention. Only registered delegates will be able to vote.
- Attendance at LEADDD is optional (but highly encouraged) for all members!
When is Convention?
- LEADDD & Convention will be held Friday, June 24 through Sunday, June 26.
- LEADDD is Friday, June 24 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PT.
- Convention begins on Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m. PT and ends late on Sunday evening.
When should I travel to San Diego?
- If you are attending LEADDD, travel to San Diego on Thursday, June 23 or early on Friday morning. LEADDD begins at 9:30 a.m. on Friday.
- If attending Convention only, travel to San Diego on Friday, June 24. Plan to arrive early afternoon. The opening party at the San Diego Zoo starts at 7:00 p.m. PT!
- Plan to leave San Diego at any time on Monday, June 27. Hotel check-out is 11:00 a.m.
How much does it cost to attend?
- Check out our packages & pricing and check your email for pricing that might be specific to you as a voting delegate or volunteer.
- Voting delegates receive a $500 discount to their registration fee. Tri Delta will also cover the cost of transportation and double occupancy hotel for the delegate (Thursday to Monday if registered for LEADDD & Convention, Friday to Monday if registered for Convention only).
- Select volunteers receive a $775 discount to their registration fee (originally $500, increased to $775 to help offset cost of flights). Tri Delta will cover the cost of double occupancy hotel (Thursday to Monday if registered for LEADDD & Convention, Friday to Monday if registered for Convention only).
- Attending LEADDD? You may want to share this letter with your employer for possible reimbursement.
How do I register?
- Register online by logging in with your unique My Tri Delta username and password. If you need help logging in, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The registration deadline has been extended to May 30. Register today!
- Did you receive a promotional code in your invite? Make sure to use that to take advantage of special discounts. This applies to voting delegates and select volunteers.
How do I book my hotel?
- At this time, we are fully booked for Thursday night at the Marriott Marquis. If you are attending LEADDD and travelling in on Thursday and have NOT booked a hotel room, please contact email@example.com. We will help you book a hotel room for Thursday at a nearby hotel; please continue to book your hotel room for Friday on at the Marriott Marquis. Transportation to the Marquis will be provided on Friday morning.
- New this year! Book your hotel directly through our private Marriott Marquis web page HERE.
- We are pleased to offer a Tri Delta special group rate of $209+ per night for a King room, and $219+ per night for a Double/Double room.
- Hotel rooms must be booked by May 27 to take advantage of these discounted rates. Note there are limited rooms for Thursday night so book early!
- Need a roommate? Join the San DDDiego LEADDD & Convention group on CONNECTDDD to find a friend, make plans for the weekend and share what you’re most excited for!
- Check your original invite email to see if Tri Delta will cover any portion of your hotel, this applies to voting delegates and select volunteers. Proceed to our unique booking site and reserve the room of your choice, ensuring that your roommate’s name is also on the reservation. All reservations need a credit card on file for incidentals. If Tri Delta has shared that we will cover a portion of your hotel costs, please make the reservation and we will add notes on the back end that your portion of the hotel will charged to Tri Delta’s account.
- Can I room with someone whose rooming is NOT paid for? Yes; make sure BOTH names are listed on the reservation. We will cover the portion of the delegate or volunteer’s costs and the roommate will pay for their portion of the hotel directly to the hotel in June. Example, collegiate chapter president and additional chapter member attending.
- Can I reserve a single room? Yes; if yours is the only name on the reservation, we will assume you have booked a single room and note that half the charges will go to Tri Delta’s account. You will pay the remaining half directly to the hotel in June. You can also book with family who may not be attending Convention events.
How can I find a roommate and connect with other attendees?
- Join the Facebook event HERE.
Where have previous Conventions been held?
- 2000: Washington, D.C.
- 2002: Orlando
- 2004: San Antonio
- 2006: Los Angeles
- 2008: Chicago
- 2010: Orlando
- 2012: Tucson
- 2014: Indianapolis
- 2016: Phoenix
- 2018: Dallas/Fort Worth
- 2020: Virtual
What is LEADDD?
- LEADDD is Tri Delta’s signature professional and leadership development conference, created by women, for women. Come to San DDDiego a day early and join sisters from across North America for engaging keynotes and plenty of networking opportunities.
If I have additional questions about LEADDD or Convention, who can I ask?
- All questions relating to LEADDD or Convention can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.