Founded as a society that would be kind alike to all, Tri Deltas are passionate about serving others. Nowhere is this more evident than in our commitment to philanthropy. As Tri Deltas, we remain dedicated to three aspects of philanthropy: sisters helping sisters through Tri Delta’s Foundation, our commitment to changing the way the world treats and defeats childhood cancer through our work with local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives and through our national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Assisting Our Members in Every Possible Way
Tri Delta was founded as a society that would be “kind alike to all,” and through the work of Tri Delta’s Foundation, we are keeping our Founders’ vision alive. The Foundation helps fulfill Tri Delta’s Purpose by assisting our members in every possible way. Learn more about all the ways we live out sisters helping sisters.
Treating and Defeating Childhood Cancer
Tri Delta’s commitment to childhood cancer dates back to 1947, when 13 alumnae chapters in Southern California organized a “Sleighbell Luncheon” to help fund research at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. At the 1974 Convention, recognizing our members’ dedication and generosity, Tri Delta adopted childhood cancer as our philanthropic focus.
Tri Delta is changing the way the world treats and defeats childhood cancer through our powerful philanthropic work.
Sleighbell’s success inspired similar events across the country. Today, Tri Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America, providing unprecedented financial assistance and awareness.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: Finding Cures, Saving Children
In 1999, Tri Delta established a national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Since then, we have reached many milestones in our commitment of Tri Delta 4 St. Jude:
- We have raised more than $84 million in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children.
- In 2022, Tri Delta completed the single largest commitment to St. Jude to date by raising $60 million in just 8 years. In honor of this commitment, in 2014 St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.