Our Founders were brave, bold and kind leaders who envisioned a women’s fraternity that would inspire the ideals of truth, self-sacrifice and friendship. Tri Delta’s Ritual is the heart of our Fraternity and keeps those values alive with our members today. As our members continue to strive for personal growth and development, Tri Delta’s Ritual provides inspiration and direction for ways our members can better themselves, their communities and the world.
On March 4-8, 2019, fraternity and sorority communities across North America will celebrate National Ritual Celebration Week (#NRCW). This week provides an opportunity to reflect on our values, Purpose and Ritual while exploring what it means to live, learn and lead – with Purpose – for a lifetime.
NRCW kicks off with International Badge Day (#BadgeDay19) on March 4, which was established in 1997 by the National Panhellenic Conference as a day for women – in sororities and different umbrella organizations —throughout the world to wear their sorority badges or letters in a celebration of sisterhood.
Throughout lifetime membership in Tri Delta, our members will engage in memorable and meaningful opportunities. This Tri Delta experience may differ from campus to campus and person to person, but the values and Ritual of Tri Delta bind our sisters to one another and create the link between our chapters.
2019 NATIONAL RITUAL CELEBRATION WEEK RESOURCES
Fraternity President Kimberlee Sullivan and the Ritual Committee will be hosting a town hall webinar focused on our Ritual on March 7 for dues-paying alumnae members. Be on the lookout for your email invitation to this special event.
Whether you are hosting a workshop or have a Ritual ceremony scheduled, we hope you find the resources below useful. You can view all resources when logged in to My Tri Delta in the Resource Library under the Ritual Portal:
- Ritual Resource Kit – Collegian: A resource to assist you in navigating and reflecting on the Rituals of Tri Delta.
- Ritual Resource Kit – Alumnae: To help you engage in conversations centered around Ritual and Tri Delta’s values.
- The History of Tri Delta’s Badge PowerPoint: A short PowerPoint explaining the history of our Stars & Crescent badge. This is great to use before or during International Badge Day.
- Living our Virtues PowerPoint: Another short PowerPoint exploring the special meaning and significance of the three stars in our badge. This is great to use during International Badge Day.
- Ritual Recap Series: These three videos – one on the Pledge Ceremony, one on the Initiation Ceremony and one on the Tri Delta badge – dive into the symbolism and meaning of our Ritual and can be shown year-round as an educational tool.
- Our Kind of Kind: Our Founder, Sarah Ida Shaw, had a vision for a society that would be “kind alike to all.” Learn more about Tri Delta’s commitment to kindness and Our Kind of Kind.