Tri Delta is seeking committed collegiate and alumnae members to serve as members of the inaugural Volunteer Editorial Team (VET).
The VET will serve as contributing writers to The Trident and other communications platforms by serving as the voice of the undergraduate and alumnae experience in Tri Delta. Members on the VET will be provided writing/editorial assignments and invited to offer input, ideas and feedback about relevant issues, trends and changes in society which impact the organization.
VOLUNTEER EDITORIAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a contributor to Tri Delta’s quarterly magazine, The Trident
- Be responsible for one to three writing assignments per issue of the magazine
- Be listed under the Editorial Team in the magazine, have their articles published and receive bylines for their work
- Provide feedback and suggestions on editorial and communications pieces from Tri Delta involving relevant audiences
- Provide perspective of campus trends and how this impacts the Tri Delta collegiate experience (collegiate VET members)
- Provide perspective on issues and topics of interest to our alumnae members (alumnae VET members)
- Participate in phone call and email correspondence with the Content and Marketing and Communications staff
- Attend in-person meetings and high-level Tri Delta events (as needed)
- Other duties as assigned.
VET membership terms will be one year. Members will work remotely from their current location. Membership on VET will require some coordination with other team members, but the majority of which will be with Executive Office staff. This is a volunteer position. VET members can expect the following time commitment:
- Three to five hours per month
- Monthly conference calls
- Term: Spring 2020 – Spring 2021
- Potential travel to large-scale Tri Delta events (Collegiate Leadership Conference, LEADDD, Convention)
- Note: Travel expenses will be covered by Tri Delta.
- Commitment to the Tri Delta educational experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills, critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Communications/journalism experience recommended
- Willingness to take initiative
Interested candidates should submit the online application form. Items to have prepared when filling out the application are listed below:
- Tri Delta experience
- Campus involvement experience
- Current GPA
- Names and contact information of two references
- Two writing samples
The VET will be a branch of the Content Team and Marketing and Communications Team at Executive Office. The VET will work with the Director of Public Relations, Content Manager and VP Marketing and Communications.
November 11 VET applications available online
January 10 VET applications due
January 13-24 Review of VET applications
February 7 VET applicants will be notified of their status
Feb – March On-boarding