Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport
2334 North International Parkway
DFW Airport, Texas 75261
Attendees will need a credit card to put on file for incidentals. Guest rooms include complimentary high-speed internet access. The Hyatt is adjacent to Terminal C at DFW Airport and includes complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle; call 972-453-1234 for dispatch. Self-parking on-site is also complimentary for all guests. Executive Office will make hotel reservations on your behalf for the nights of Friday, April 14, and Saturday, April 15. Each chapter will have two sleeping rooms, three members in one room and two in another. Contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss additional nights needed. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m.
GETTING TO #DDDCLC
Chapters are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs associated with CLC. This year, take advantage of our travel agent services offered through TripEasy! Making your travel arrangements with TripEasy means you’ll have a team of professionals to help in the event of flight cancellations, illness or other disruptions to your travel. We encourage all chapters more than 300 miles from Dallas to fly to CLC. If you do plan to drive, please review the Driving Safety Tips below.
*Facilitators, volunteers and staff will receive an email with a link to book their travel.
Plan to arrive in Dallas by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 14. CLC will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. CT at the Hyatt Regency DFW. Departure flights should leave AFTER 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 14, in order to attend all conference events and avoid early departure penalties. Review the Learning Agreement and Attendance & Cancellation Policy for more details.
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
Note that the hotel for CLC is adjacent to Terminal C at DFW International Airport. Most airlines including American, Delta and United fly into DFW. Southwest Airlines flies into Love Field. The hotel provides shuttle transportation for flights arriving and departing from DFW. If you fly into Love Field, the chapter will be responsible for arranging transportation to the hotel. We suggest Uber or Lyft which will run between $25 and $45 each direction.
DRIVING SAFETY TIPS
Did someone say road trip?! A road trip with your sisters is a fun and memorable experience. Prior to CLC, collaborate with your chapter’s volunteer team and consider the best form of transportation for your chapter. Tri Delta strongly encourages chapters located more than 300 miles from the Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport to fly to CLC. Driving to CLC? The following tips and expectations can make your CLC driving adventure a fun and safe experience!
Road Trip | Tips & Tricks
- Keep an eye out on the weather in the week leading up to CLC.
- Connect with your volunteers if severe weather is in the forecast for your area or travel route.
- Determine a departure time and plan to arrive at the conference no later than 4:00 p.m. CT on Friday, April 14. The welcome and general session begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. CT.
- Take turns behind the wheel. Rotating drivers can keep everyone rested with the added bonus of having a variety of DJs.
- Create a CLC 2023 playlist.
- Commit to not using a cell phone while driving. The passenger should serve as both the navigator and DJ.
- Be mindful of the driver. The person in the passenger seat should stay awake to keep the driver company.
- Get plenty of sleep before you drive.
- Bring a map or printed directions, in addition to the GPS on your phone.
- Stay hydrated and don’t forget some road trip snacks.
- Pack a spare phone charger for the car.
- Keep everyone entertained by playing some road trip games.
- Take your time. Allow some time to take a break, stretch your legs and use the restroom along the way.
- Refuel when needed. Start looking for a place to fill up as soon as you hit a quarter of a tank.
- Contact your chapter’s volunteer team and the Tri Delta events team if you experience any challenges that may delay your arrival time.
- Drivers should have a valid driver’s license and have personal auto liability insurance.
- Drivers should be in compliance with any and all applicable laws.
- Drivers should always be alcohol and drug free.
- Drivers should not use a cell phone while driving.
- Drivers and passengers should sign the Designated Sober Driver Form and/or the Passenger Form & Release Agreement, located on the Resource Library > Events & Risk Management > Risk Management > Event Planning Resources.
All vehicles being utilized for CLC should meet the following requirements:
- All vehicles shall be legally registered and insured.
- All vehicles should have auto liability insurance coverage provided by the owner of the vehicle if different than the driver.
- All vehicles shall be operationally fit for transportation.
- All vehicles shall meet the legal requirements of operation, or in other words be “street legal.” This includes having seat belts, air bags, brakes, headlights, brake lights, mirrors, etc.
- If the vehicle is owned by a parent/family member of a driver or another member, permission should be obtained before use.