- December 2019: Application link open and accepting submissions.
- Feb. 6, 2020: Application link closes at 11:59 p.m. CT.
- February – March 2020: Application review, interview and selection process.
- Early March: Final three candidates selected and announced.
- June 8, 2020: Internship start date.
- Aug. 28, 2020: Internship end date.
- Paid internship with housing included.
- Housing (rent, utilities) expenses will be covered by ALSAC.
- Food, additional living expenses, and travel (to/from Memphis, Tennessee) will not be covered.
- A shuttle to/from the hospital and apartment is provided for daily work.
- Start date: Monday, June 8, 2020
- End date: Friday, August 28, 2020
- Days and hours: Typically Monday-Friday, approximately 30-40 hours each week. Days/times are flexible to allow students additional opportunities (such as a part-time job).
- Primary responsibilities include the execution of 2020 St. Jude Tri Delta Celebration and 2020 St. Jude U Seminar.
- Additional opportunities will include volunteering for patient activities, shadowing different ALSAC departments, assisting in partner management of Tri Delta Fraternity, becoming hospital tour trained, creating and presenting an innovative fundraising program with fellow interns, and more.
- What if I’m not able to relocate to Memphis, Tennessee for the summer?
- Don’t stress! We have additional internship opportunities in our regional offices across the country. Apply for an internship near you on www.stjude.org/careers. The difference for this internship is that it is reserved solely for three Tri Delta members at NEO (National Executive Office in Memphis, Tennessee). Internships at regional offices are not reserved solely for Tri Delta members. Additionally, internships at regional offices are subject to availability as not all offices provide internships. Please note: Housing and transportation are not provided through our regional office internships.
- What if I have major travel planned during the seminar days?
- As the majority of the responsibilities of the internship include planning and executing the two seminars, we ask that you forego applying for the opportunity if you are not available during the seminar days as well as one week leading up to the events. As this is an academic internship, we are willing to work with you for travel throughout the rest of the summer.
- What are the core hours and days of the internship?
- Core hours and days are generally Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. We are flexible and can work with you if you need to pursue an additional opportunity in Memphis such as a part-time job. As mentioned before, we are willing to work with you for travel throughout the rest of the summer, and all major holidays are observed at ALSAC.
- Can you tell me more about the housing?
- Housing expenses such as rent and utilities will be covered by ALSAC from the start date to the end date. Food, additional living expenses, and travel (to/from Memphis, Tennessee) are not covered. A shuttle to/from the hospital and apartment is provided for daily work.
- I’m out of state. If chosen for this opportunity, do I need to bring my car?
- A shuttle to/from the hospital and apartment is provided for daily work. It’s totally up to you if you want to bring your own car for personal use